New Year Detox New You
If you over indulged over Christmas, or just want to get in shape for the New Year, why not give your liver and digestive system a good clean with a one-week detox?
Not only will it clean your system, it will also give you the added benefit of clearer, glowing skin – not to mention feeling more clear headed, energetic and fresh again.
Do’s and Don’ts when it comes to Detox:
Four habits to break and four habits to make. Hard part first!
New Year Detox New You
To give your system a break, you need to avoid:
1. Wheat. All wheat contains gluten and this irritates the gut. So, give your insides a break.
2. Milk. The most common food allergen, which can cause your immune system to react. It’s also mucus forming, so give your system a week off milk and all dairy products.
3. Caffeine. Can be the hardest part if you’re addicted to it. It’s an addictive toxin that makes your liver work harder than it should, so try to cut out caffeine for one week – if not longer. Substitute with two cups of green tea a day as part of your detox.
4. Alcohol. Your liver’s worst enemy. Take a break for a week – or longer.
Habits to form during your detox:
1. Drink up to 8 glasses of water a day if you can. After all, your body is 66% water and this alone will help you detoxify, drinking water will help flush away the toxins.
2. Eat superfoods to spring-clean your system including fresh apricots, cantaloupe, citrus fruits, kiwi, papayas, peaches, mangoes, melons, red grapes and all types of berries. Vegetables that are especially good for detoxification include artichokes, peppers, beets, sprouts, broccoli, red cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, cucumber, kale, pumpkin, spinach, sweet potato and watercress.
3. Load up on anti-aging antioxidants. They are the key players in detoxifying your body. If you boost your intake, from both food and supplements, you’ll definitely notice the difference.
4. Take liver-detoxifying supplements. From MSM to milk thistle, there’s a combination of seven top detoxifiers to give your liver’s detox capacity an upgrade. Look for a supplement that contains: N-Acetyl Cysteine, Milk Thistle Extract, Cruciferous Vegetable Compounds, MSM, Ellagic Acid, Dandelion Extract and Alpha Lipoic Acid. Murad have a fantastic range of supplements.